Grant funding for the 2020 Value Added Producer Grant (VAPG) program announced
Grant funding for the 2020 Value Added Producer Grant (VAPG) program has been announced.
Applications must be submitted no later than March 10, 2020.
The objective of this grant program is to assist ag producers in starting or expanding value-added activities related to the processing and/or marketing of Value-Added Agricultural Products, including Locally-Produced Food Products. Funds may be used to help pay for Planning costs including Feasibility Studies, Business Plans, Marketing Plans and other planning activities. Funds may also help pay initial Working Capital costs for approved Value Added ventures. Eligible Working Capital costs (post-harvest) include labor, supplies, professional services, etc. Buildings and equipment are not eligible.
Please contact the USDA office to discuss your project if you intend to file an application so they can provide you with the appropriate application materials. Rural Development, United States Department of Agriculture, 1619 N. Lake Ave, Storm Lake, Iowa 50588, Phone: 712-732-1851 ext 401 www.rd.usda.gov/ia
The latest program information, application templates and program updates can be found at this link:
- Maximums: Planning Grant - $75,000; Working Capital Grant - $250,000
Grants can pay for up to 50% of the approved project.
- Applicants must have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number and be pre-registered with the System for Award Management (SAM) . Neither of these applications cost money, but they can take time so be sure to get this taken care of right away. If applicants are already registered with these systems, they do not need to do it again..
- Grants are awarded on a competitive basis.
- Incomplete Applications are ineligible to compete for funds. Information submitted after the application deadline will not be accepted. Please use the application Toolkits provided at the official website. (Click on Tab “To Apply”) Here are the links:
- Application Toolkit - Planning Grant OR
- Application Toolkit - Working Capital Grant