Public Works Superintendent
City of Ocheyedan712-758-3602
The City of Ocheyedan is now accepting applications for the position of Public Works Superintendent. This person will be responsible for operating, maintaining, and upgrading, as needed, all facets of the City water, wastewater, and street operations along with maintenance of City buildings.
- Minimum age 18 years, high school graduate or equivalent required.
- Working knowledge of heavy equipment, water and/or sewer plant operation, grounds maintenance, and related areas is desired but not required. Must hold or be able to obtain a valid CDL Class B with air brake endorsement.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain certification through the Iowa DNR as directed by the City Council.
- Primary residency to be established within the City of Ocheyedan or within a 5 mile radius within 90 days of hire.
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull more than 50 pounds on occasion and to work in all weather conditions.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screen required as well as periodic screening as required by Iowa DOT and City insurance provider.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and background/referrals check.
Contact the Ocheyedan City Office: 712-758-3602 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.