Financial Controller - Sunrise Farms
Sunrise Farms2060 White Ave, Harris, IA 51345 (712) 735-6010
Sonstegard Foods Company is a leading manufacturer and wholesaler of shell eggs along with powdered, liquid and frozen egg products. We operate facilities in five states and sell our products into domestic and international markets. We are proud that we are family owned and our employees are recognized by their name and not a number.
This position will work with the Director of Plant Operations and General Manager of Live Production. Function as a business partner with plant and farm to effectively manage and control the local business. Lead the financial staff at the plant and be accountable for plant level responsibilities including general accounting, payables, cost accounting, business analysis, and financial reporting. Will also liaison with corporate financial staff, as required.
Essential Job Duties:
• Reconcile financial data for maintaining accurate account balances and ensuring compliance with established accounting practices.
• Develop and control profits, plans and budget.
• Supervise office direct reports. Provide direction, training, development and leadership to staff to accomplish company goals and objectives.
• Develop and implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
• Enter bills in Enterprise and AEROs system.
• Maintain financial information, files, and records.
• Ensure payments are made in accordance to company policy and in a timely manner.
• Resolving payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• B.S. in Accounting or Business Administration.
• 5 years minimum experience as plant controller or cost manager in agricultural environment.
• Leadership aptitude as part of a cross-functional management team.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• High level of proficiency in computing and ERP systems.
• Good organization skills and attention to detail.
• Able to work independently.
• Manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Must have valid driver’s license.