Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Please continue to check this page for updated resources to assist businesses and our communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
A 24/7 hotline has been set up for Iowans to call with COVID-19 related questions. Call 211 or 1-800-244-7431. The Iowa Concern Hotline is also available on 800-447-1985.
IEDA's COVID-19 Business Impact Survey, Round 2 is Now Open!
The Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) is again gathering information from Iowa businesses to assess the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in Iowa. This second survey will assist our state leaders in understanding ongoing business impacts, issues and needed recovery support.
The survey will take 8 to 14 minutes to complete (depending upon your industry sector). The deadline to complete the survey is Friday, May 29 at 5pm. Thank you!
Osceola County announcements:
- Osceola County Courthouse closed to the public
- Notice to Voters regarding the June 2 Primary Election
- City of Sibley Closures and Cancellations
- Dr. Gregory Kosters, Chairman of the Osceola County Board of Health and Physician at Avera Medical Group Sibley, share a public health update here. (5.8.2020)
- Click here to watch an interview with Ben Davis, Osceola Regional Health Center CEO and Pam Juber, RN, Director of Osceola Community Health Services (5.1.2020)
- Avera COVID-19 Workplace Guidelines (4.10.2020)
- Please Donate Personal Protective Equipment to Osceola Community Health Services
- F.A.C.E. (Faith And Community Engage) Masks - Osceola Regional Health Center is seeking volunteers to sew cloth masks
- Coronavirus Update For Employers from the Osceola Regional Health Center
Small business grants
- LISC Small Business Relief Grants - This is a national grant that supports mall businesses and enterprises affected the Covid-19 across the country, especially those in underserved communities, including entrepreneurs of color, women- and veteran-owned businesses that often lack access to flexible, affordable capital. The application period for round 3 grants is now closed. Please register here to sign up for updates.
- If you applied for an Iowa Small Business Relief Fund grant, the state is still processing applications. Please check here for a list of all grant recipients to date. IEDA will not open a new round of applications.
- Hello Alice has a $10,000 emergency COVID-19 Business for All Grant to help small businesses in crisis. $10,000 COVID-19 Business for All Grants are awarded on a rolling basis and are due September 25, 2020. Apply here.
- COVID-19 Targeted Small Business (TSB) Sole Operator Fund - awards were announced on May 8th.
- Iowa Small Business Relief Fund (through Empower Money.org website): Grants will range from $500-$3500 and this grant is available for small businesses with 1-7 employees that are not recipients of Federal and State Small business relief dollars. Click here for info.
- Iowa's SBDC is also tracking new grants as they appear here.
State of Iowa:
- Gov. Reynolds signs new proclamation continuing the State Public Health Emergency Declaration (5.20.2020)
- Gov. Reynolds signs new proclamation continuing the State Public Health Emergency Declaration (5.13.2020)
- Travel Iowa Gift Card Marketplace PDF & Video. Sign up here. The first round of marketplace sign-ups is complete and Bandwango will be contacting those that have signed up. If you missed the first deadline, we are still accepting signups from interested parties.
- Iowa Business Tax Deferral: The application period has now closed. IEDA staff will work diligently to review and respond to requests. A complete application is not a guarantee of financial assistance or tax deferral.
- Test Iowa
- Iowa COVID-19 website
- Governor Reynolds holds daily press conferences at 11am. Watch here.
- Governor Reynolds, Secretary Naig, Iowa Pork Producers Association Launch "Pass the Pork" Program to Help Feed Iowans
- Gov. Reynolds signs new proclamation continuing the State Public Health Emergency Declaration (5.6.2020)
- Gov. Reynolds signs new proclamation continuing the State Public Health Emergency Declaration (4.27.2020)
- COVID-19 Impact on Iowa Business Executive Summary (4.3.2020)
- Governor Reynolds announces assistance for employees and employers affected by COVID-19 related layoffs
- Gov. Reynolds issues a State of Public Health Disaster Emergency
- Iowa Public Health Community Mitigration Strategies
Paycheck Protection Program:
- Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Application (5.18.2020)
- Paycheck Protection Program section of the SBA website
- Paycheck Protection Program Frequently Asked Questions (updated 5.13.2020)
- PPP Loan Uses & Forgiveness: A Guide to Track Expenditures (5.13.2020)
- The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll. SBA will forgive loans if all employees are kept on the payroll for eight weeks and the money is used for payroll, rent, mortgage interest, or utilities.
- The Paycheck Protection Program will be available through June 30, 2020.
- Paycheck Protection Program Application and Checklist
- Borrower Information Fact Sheet
- Iowa Based Lenders with SBA 750 Participation Agreements as of March 2020
- Treasury Issues Guidelines, Application Form for SBA Paycheck Protection Program
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
SBA has resumed processing EIDL applications that were submitted before the portal stopped accepting new applications on April 15 and will be processing these applications on a first-come, first-served basis. SBA will begin accepting new Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and EIDL Advance applications on a limited basis only to provide relief to U.S. agricultural businesses. (5.4.2020)
- To apply for an SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan, click here: https://www.sba.gov/page/disaster-loan-applications
- SBA Fraud Alert (4.20.2020)
- A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Apply for an SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (4.9.2020)
- SBA Disaster Assistance Webinar for Small Businesses slides can be found here or watch a video with a good explanation of the program on the Advance Iowa FB page here.
- For additional resources, small business owners are encouraged to visit www.sba.gov/coronavirus.
- If you are unable to reach SBA Iowa's office line, please call mobile numbers or email found here. You can call the disaster hotline 1-800-659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
IRS Tax Credits:
- IRS: Three new credits are available to many businesses hit by COVID-19
- The employee retention credit can help employers keep employees on their payroll. The new employee retention credit is 50% of up to $10,000 in wages paid by an eligible employer whose business has been financially impacted by COVID-19.
- More IRS info: www.irs.gov/coronavirus#COVIDreliefIRS
- Employer Recovery and Return webinar (May 22, 2020)
- IWD announces Guidance on Unemployment Benefits (4.27.2020)
- How to File for Unemployment if you are self-employed - a how to video for those who are self employed and are filing for unemployment due to COVID-19. Video.
- Iowa Workforce Development outlines CARES Act benefits and implementation
- You may file a claim here. If you have already filed a claim, you do not need to take any action at this time. Additional information on the CARES Act can be found here.
- PTO and Unemployment Benefits Talking Points
- Employees impacted by COVID-19 closures can and should apply for unemployment benefits online here: https://www.iowaworkforcedevelopment.gov/file-claim-unemployment-insurance-benefits
- If customers do not have online access, they can call the unemployment insurance customer service line at 1-866-239-0843.
- Click HERE to watch an Employer Webinar: Covid-19 and Unemployment Benefits for Employers
- Covid 19 for businesses
- Covid 19 for workers
- Voluntary work share for businesses
More Small Business Resources:
- National Restaurant Assn. Reopening Guidance (5.15.2020)
- Iowa's SBDC has produced new resources with printable posters and checklists that businesses can use as they reopen! Check it out at www.iowasbdc.org/back2biz.
- COVID-19 Customizable Flyer (US Chamber of Commerce)
- DSM Forward is a compilation of playbooks devoted to helping businesses and industries prepare for next steps related to economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. DSM Forward includes industry-specific playbooks with assessments and recommendations — leveraging international, national, state and local sources, and following federal, state and local public health official recommendations — to help guide businesses and organizations as they determine pathways toward the future. These playbooks are NOT limited to busineses in Des Moines.
- Business Capacity Calculations (Iowa Dept of Public Safety)
- Funding Opportunities Available to Childcare Programs
- Retail Ready to Reopen COVID19 Resources
- Public Health COVID-19 Reopening Guidance
- Small Biz Best Practices (from ISU Iowa Retail Initiative)
- Restaurant Reopening Guidelines
- Resources for Restaurants
- To help foodservice workers navigate this crisis, ISU Extension and Outreach's family finance program specialists are providing one-on-one financial conversations.
- Public Health COVID-19 Reopening Guidance (4.29.2020)
- Guidance for Spiritual and Religious Gatherings During COVID-19 (4.29.2020)
- SBDC Weekly Webinar Series - register here.
- Iowa Restaurant Assocation resources
- Small Business Development Center COVID-19 Small Business Resources
School District Updates:
- Sibley-Ocheyedan School District COVID-19 Information
- Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn School District updates
- Harris-Lake Park School District Updates
- Sheldon Community School District Updates
Resources for non-profits:
- Resources for Nonprofit Organizations from the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines
- Nonprofits and Coronavirus, COVID-19
- USDA to Provide $1 Billion in Loan Guarantees for Rural Businesses and Ag Producers
- USDA Coronavirus Food Assistance Program
- USDA Offers Farm Loans for Farmers Facing COVID-19 Related Challenges.
- Iowa Resource Coordination Center to help farmers through the pandemic (5.7.2020)
- Guidance for Iowa Farmers Markets During COVID-19
- Guidance for Spiritual and Religious Gatherings During COVID-19
- Alliant Energy Energy Assistance (5.1.2020)
- CIRAS Iowa COVID-19 Preparedness Checklist 4.30.2020
- FEMA Fact Sheet regarding how organizations should consider and manage their personal protective equipment (PPE) needs while ensuring the protection of workers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic response. (4.27.2020)
- COVID-19 Multi-Lingual Hotline: Interpreters in high-demand languages are available from 8:30am-5pm with a 24-hour voicemail at 1-877-558-2609.
- Top COVID-19 Scams to be Aware of
- USDA's COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide (4.13.2020)
- Iowa Legal Aid: 2020 Coronavirus Outbreak: What you need to know
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- CDC Resources for Businesses and Employers
- OSHA Guidance for COVID-19
- Child Care Guidance in Response to COVID-19 from Iowa Child Care Resource & Referral. For any questions call (877) 216-8481.
- DHS Child Care Availability
- Iowa COVID-19 Cases By County
- FEMA rumor control page
- Federal Coronavirus Site
- Up-to-date information on DNR services, facilities and events impacted by COVID-19
- USDA Rural Development COVID-19 Resource Webpage